Denver, CO Auto Hail Repair: High-Strength Steel & Aluminum Body PDR
Manufacturers in the automotive industry use both steel and aluminum for constructing the body of auto vehicles. Although steel and aluminum look similar, they have very different qualities.
Strength and Weight
When it comes to finding competent auto hail repair near me in Denver, CO or anywhere, understanding your car’s body construction helps. Two important qualities that differ in both metals are their strength and weight. Although steel is stronger than aluminum, the latter is lighter because it is only one-third of the weight of steel.
Due to the lighter weight of aluminum, it is becoming more popular in the automotive industry because of the following:
- Increased dent resistance – manufacturers can make aluminum panels thicker while still reducing the total weight. this can also be helpful in dealing with Denver’s hail prone weather regarding car/auto hail damage repair
- better fuel efficiency – lighter vehicles require less fuel; compared with steel body vehicles, aluminum body vehicles save up to 108 barrels of crude oil in energy
- improved braking – lighter vehicles brake more efficiently
- quicker acceleration – lighter vehicles move faster
- upper-level handling – lighter vehicles have more superior handling
- improved safety – aluminum absorbs twice the crash energy of steel
I live in Denver and need Auto Hail Repair. Is Aluminum Body Paintless Dent Repair Possible?
Because aluminum-bodied cars are lighter, when it comes to auto hail repair you may be wondering if they can be repaired by the powerful paintless dent repair (PDR) method.
The answer is, “Yes.” PDR is not only possible but also the preferred method for specialized care for aluminum body vehicles.
However, here’s the caveat. You should know that aluminum is more difficult to repair than steel. Here’s why: steel easily conforms back to its original shape while aluminum does not.
This is why you should invest in PDR experts who have years of experience in aluminum body PDR. At Hail Specialists, we know that PDR is a better option than replacing an entire OEM panel, which can be wasteful and hard to match to your car’s original factory design. We are experts in aluminum body PDR and you can trust us with your vehicle.
What about Steel Body Paintless Dent Repair?
If you live in Denver and are in need of steel body auto hail repair, you are also in luck as Hail Specialists offers steel body PDR! Our professionals are knowledgeable about high-strength steel body PDR and will work with you to get your car back in shape.